Our co-founder, Vineet Kumar, will be the key speaker in the supply chain conference “IN TANDEM 2.0”, organized by Indian Oil Corporation Ltd in the week of 22nd July in New Delhi.
Click here for more details
Transportation and logistics management play an important role in all forms of business. Transport logistics go hand-in-hand in every business. It is a systematic procedure to transfer products from a provider of service to the end-user.
What is transportation and logistics management?
One needs to focus on these terms separately to understand transport and logistics management.
Transportation means moving products or services from one area to another. It not only means sending finished products to customers but also the shipment of raw material to the manufacturer. Modes of transportation include air, rail, road, water, etc. Transportation management solutions are prepared to effectively lead the process.
Driver Management Solutions
Logistics management involves optimized transportation of products to customers on time, in the correct quantity, in a good condition and at the right price. It also includes receiving raw materials for manufacturing. It is the overall administration of production, storage, packaging and transportation of products to the customer. Logistics involves both internal and external distribution networks. To make the process smoother, driver management solutions are also implemented.
Transportation and logistics management is finding the right balance between efficiency and cost. Successful companies arrange to get their products timely to customers while managing to make profits. It is the process of transportation planning, executing and arranging procedures to fulfill customer satisfaction.
How to achieve effective Transport Logistics Management?
According to a trade fair held in Munich, “Transport logistics has confirmed its role as the world’s largest intermodal logistics hub.” But how efficiently and affordably carry out the process?
The primary focus of executives must be towards the mode of transportation. Using quick and pocket-friendly transportation planning is the first step to achieving effective transport logistics management. Other steps are as following:
- Importing and Exporting Regulations
- Freight Claims Management
- Choosing the correct LTL freight class for your shipment
- Working and collaborating with other executives within the supply chain
- Managing vendors and partners
Benefits of Transportation Management Solutions
- Transportation planning helps to minimize transportation cost: Proper management reduces unnecessary transportation costs. One way is to find closer suppliers. You can lessen the costs by consolidating shipments. You can eliminate labor cost by having work stations close to each other. Choose service providers who transport heavier weight of the freight. Certain services also provide a driver management solution to minimize cost.
- It helps to minimize logistical costs: Logistical costs are directly reduced by just in time manufacturing. Executives should order packed material which can be directly sent and stocked in the warehouse. Use software that helps in transportation management solutions.
Smartlinks delivers exceptional services to its customers in transport logistics by using the latest technologies. We value commitment to our customers and provide maximum benefits through our transportation and driver management solutions. We make logistics reliable and precise.